Monday 22 February 2016

Vegan Blueberry Spice Cake

Vegan Blueberry Spice Cake

I needed to bake something yummy but didn't want to do a chocolate cake. I had blueberries in the freezer so thought ah let's try making a blueberry cake. And it turned out very well. And went down a treat with my non vegan friends! 


(Makes 1 cake) 
Ingredients:

300g flour (plain or gf)
1 tsp allspice
100g sugar 
1 tsp baking soda*
1 tbsp vinegar (apple or coconut)*
450ml water 
1 tbsp coconut oil (melt in microwave, pan or place a dish in the oven)!
100g frozen or fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. In a  bowl add the flour, sugar, allspice, and baking soda. Mix together then gradually add the vinegar and water, then the oil and blueberries. Place in a lined baking tin and bake for about 25-45 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Delicious!

*Top tip! You could replace the baking soda, vinegar and water for 400ml soda water.

This cake is incredible! I'd highly recommend it as I do all my recipes but this one in particular ;)

Lots of love,
Robyn x

3 comments:

  1. just found your blog... and the recipe is so simple n delicious.. I ran out of vanilla essence.. so I can bake this one easily..

    http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't put the icing on here!! I believe it's 50g coconut oil melted, 4 tsp cacao powder, and syrup to taste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy! Also, if you don't want the blueberries to sink: slightly coat them in plain flour before mixing them with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl! :D

    ReplyDelete

...