Thursday 12 November 2015

Sweet Potato Kale Rice Stew

Sweet Potato Kale Rice Stew

This recipe all started with some left over sweet potatoes and pumpkin that needed to be used up. So I baked them all (200 degrees Celsius for 45 min) popped some in the freezer then defrosted them in the fridge when I fancied making a meal. For this recipe I used my £20 breville blend active blender. I also keep in my freezer a big bag of kale so I always have instant greens to add to meals. 



(Serves 1)

Ingredients:
1 medium baked sweet potato
1 cup baked pumpkin (optional - use another potato) 
2 cup frozen kale
100g rice 
Sprinkle of sunflower seeds
Black pepper & mixed herbs to taste 

Place the rice into a pan along with about 500ml water, bring to the boil and simmer. Meanwhile, into the blender pop the baked sweet potato and pumpkin and some water. Blend together to form a thick sauce. Pour the sauce into the rice and simmer until thickened, add the kale and cook for a few more minutes. Then serve topped with sunflower seeds and black pepper. Delicious! 

See the video here: https://youtu.be/tuD_GIaMfI0

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, again this recipe tastes much more scrumptious once it's a little cooler. It also thickens too. Leave me a comment of what you think and have a wonderful day. 

Lots of love,
Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

...