Wednesday 18 November 2015

Nutty Tomato Pasta

Nutty Tomato Pasta

I've always loved pasta and getting inventive with the sauce. The other day I thought: I wonder what blended peanut butter and tomatoes taste like? So I took the plunge and experimented with it, and wow what a success! It doesn't taste too strong of peanuts at all but instead makes a luxuriously creamy sauce. Combined with the fresh tomatoes and kale it's a deliciously nutritious meal.


(Serves 1)

Ingredients:
100g wholemeal pasta 
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup fresh cherry or normal tomatoes 
2 cups kale

Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and simmer for 12 minutes. In a blender add the tomatoes, peanut butter and about 50-100ml water. Blend and add to a pan, gently heat along with the kale or if using frozen kale add a few minutes before serving. Then once the pasta is cooked serve and top with the sauce. Delicious! 


I hope you try out this recipe and feel free to use gluten free pasta or a different nut butter in the sauce. You can also freeze the sauce and then heat it up in a pan for a super quick meal to hand. Send me a snap at sweetsugarcrumb or tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you make it. 

See the video here: https://youtu.be/FSThR_-4NuM

Lots of love
Robyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

...