Tuesday 6 October 2015

Mexican Stir Fry Salad

Mexican Stir Fry Salad


I posted this on Instagram today and a few of you wanted the recipe. So here it is! Yesterday I went round my friends house for a fajita night and girls bible study. It was so lovely, we all cooked together and I made my vegan filling of cannellini beans, sweetcorn, red peppers and spices. There was some left over so I brought it home and had it for lunch today! So for the stir fry and salad you'll need:

(Serves 1)
Ingredients:

1/2 can cannellini beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1/2 red bell pepper 
1-2 tsp chilli powder 

1 head little gem lettuce
1 large carrot
1 medium pear 
1 tbsp hummus 

For the stir fry I used a pan but a wok would be better. Add water to the bottom and bring to the boil. Then add the beans, sweetcorn and pepper stir fry on high heat adding more water if needed until the pepper is almost soft. Then add the chilli powder and further stir fry until well combined and soft. 
Tear up the lettuce, add to a bowl and rinse. Then slice up the carrots lengthwise and across to form sticks and add along with the pear sliced lengthwise. Finally add a dollop of hummus and the stir fry and serve! So yummy! 

I hope you enjoy this recipe, comment down below what you think. 

Have an awesome and scrumptious day. 

Lots of love,
Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

...