Friday 2 October 2015

Lentil Pasta Salad

Lentil Pasta Salad


Who doesn't love a nice big bowl of satisfying pasta? Whether that be gluten free corn pasta, wholewheat fussili pasta, spaghetti or multicoloured bow pasta. Today I used this multicolour pasta that I brought home from France. It has green bows made with added spinach, orange bows made with added tomato and plain yellow bows. I personally find that all the different coloured bows all taste the same but they do look pretty. I fancied making this meal all in one pan to save on washing up so I cooked the pasta with the lentils and added the herbs and spices. This made life easier and it turned out really tasty. Especially as a student, you don't want to spend hours in the kitchen and want a tasty healthy satisfying meal whipped up in no time. This took me around 20 minutes to make which is just how long the lentils needed to cook. So whilst the pasta and lentils were cooking I washed and tore up the lettuce saving time. If you're wondering where I got my wooden bowl from it was IKEA. Anyways without further a do here is the recipe:

(Serves 1)

Ingredients:
4 romaine lettuce leaves
30g red split lentils
100g bow pasta
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1 aniseed star
1/2 an avocado

In a small pan add the lentils along with enough water so it's about 2/3rds full. Bring to the boil and add the mixed herbs, aniseed star and pasta, simmer for 12 minutes until the pasta is soft. Meanwhile, tear the lettuce into a bowl and fill it with water to rinse the lettuce and drain. Prepare the avocado by slicing in half around the stone, pop out the stone and scoop the avocado out of the skin and set aside. Once the pasta and lentils are cooked either pour over the lettuce along with the pasta water or drain and add to your bowl. I quite like the soup it creates. Top with the avocado and serve! 

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Lots of love 
Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

...