Thursday 28 January 2016

Broccoli & Kidney Bean Chilli

Broccoli & Kidney Bean Chilli

I made this super tasty meal today all from ingredients I had in my freezer and cupboard. I really fancied rice too so this is what I came up with. 


(Serves 1)
Ingredients:

6 florets of frozen broccoli
1 can kidney beans 
1 tbsp tomato purée 
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp curry powder 
100g rice 
1 tbsp flour (gf or wheat) 

Boil the kettle and in a pan add the rice and in another pan add the broccoli, beans (and juices), spices and tomato purée. Pour the boiling water over the rice until well covered (about 300ml) and also fill the other pan too until well covered. Bring both to the boil and simmer until cooked (about 12 minutes). In a cup add the flour and mix with cold water to form a runny paste and stir into the sauce. This will thicken it.  Once the rice is fluffy and broccoli tender serve! 

Hope you enjoy!

Lots of love,
Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

...